Saturday, June 6, 2009

LinkedIn

I'm sure most people have heard of the professional networking site, LinkedIn. I personally spend at least a quarter of my awake hours on it sourcing and tracking down candidates for my office. It is a great site for many reasons! The #1 reason is without a doubt because it is a site that allows you to find passive candidates easily. The amount of work that used to go into sourcing passive candidates was crazy from making ruse calls, asking for referrals, begging people for names, etc. Then LinkedIn started and all of a sudden we did a quick search and there they were, these candidates that hid from us for so long with their profiles attached!! If you are not using LinkedIn as one of your primary tools you need to start an account today and start linking with as many people as you can! The more people you link with the more names that you will be able to get from your search results. Oh and by the way, send me an invite too and I'd be happy to accept. You can view my profile by clicking the link above the about me section.

1 comment:

Heidi Totten said...

Hi, stumbled across your blog while searching on linkedin. I am a work from home part time recruiter. I agree - linkedin is fabulous for finding passive candidates.